Lauren Wallis graduated with honors from the University of Texas in 2009 with a bachelor's degree in Government. While at UT, she interned for the Office of the Principal Legal Advisor and for Immigration and Customs Enforcement. In 2012, Lauren graduated from SMU Dedman School of Law. While in law school, she competed in mock trial, served underrepresented communities in Law Clinic, and was an editor on SMU's International Law Review. Her paper discussing Cuba's changing property laws was nominated for publication.
Lauren joined Petty & Stewart, PLLC in 2012 as an associate. She focuses her practice on Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals, Waivers, Consular Processing and Removal Defense.
Lauren is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas. She was admitted to the bar in 2012. She is a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association, Attorney's Serving the Community, the American Bar Association, the Dallas Bar Association, and the Dallas Association of Young Lawyers.
Lauren is committed to community service. She has obtained the Girl Scout Silver Award for dedication to service. Her previous volunteer work includes: educating children of the opportunities for higher learning; caring for animals at the Dallas Humane Society; packaging bible study materials for incarcerated individuals; and interning at the Dallas District Attorney's Office in the Family Violence Division.
- Southern Methodist University School of Law, Dallas, Texas
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: Law Clinic: Consumer Advocacy Clinic
- Honors: Mock Trial: ABA Labor and Employment
- Law Journal: International Law, Articles Editor
- The University of Texas at Austin
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dallas Kids Project
- Dallas Humane Society
Past Employment Positions
- Improved Petroleum Recovery, Legal Intern for In-House Counsel, 2011
- Merit Systems Protection Board, Law Clerk, 2010
- County Court of Law No. 2, Judicial Intern, 2010
- The Department of Homeland Security, Studen Intern, 2008 & 2009